"It does a great job. If you are looking for an image converter , it may be of help."
"It is very easy to use.
It is very effective in what it does.
I am very happy!"
- Andrew MacArthur
Hot Guides & Tutorials
How to Convert JP2 to JPG
JPEG2 is an image compression standard and coding system. It was created by the Joint Photographic Experts Group committee in 2000 with the intention of superseding their original discrete cosine transform-based JPEG standard (created in 1992) with a newly designed, wavelet-based method. The standardized filename extension is .jp2 for ISO/IEC 15444-1 conforming files and .jpx for the extended part-2 specifications, published as ISO/IEC 15444-2. The registered MIME types are defined in RFC 3745. For ISO/IEC 15444-1 it is image/jp2.
JPEG is a commonly used method of lossy compression for digital photography (image). The degree of compression can be adjusted, allowing a selectable tradeoff between storage size and image quality. JPEG typically achieves 10:1 compression with little perceptible loss in image quality.
Here we recommend a professional and easy-to-use JP2 to JPG converter to meet your demands.
PearlMountain Image Converter allows you to batch convert images to other formats, resize, rotate, crop, add picture watermark, apply effects and add border to thousands of images at one time. With the help of PearlMountain Image Converter, everything will become so easy.
Below are the simple steps to show you how to batch convert JP2 to JPG format. Firstly, you should download and launch PearlMountain Image Converter.
Step 1: Add Images
- Click “Add” or “Add Folder” button to add your pictures in JP2 Format that you want to convert to JPG. All loaded pictures will be displayed in the Preview Area.
Step 2: Make Settings
- Choose JPG as target format.
- Drag quality slider to specify JPEG compression quality..
- You can also resize your images before converting them.
Step 3: Start Conversion
- Click “Browse” button to choose a destination folder and Click the "Convert" button to start the conversion process.
- When the conversion is over open the folder containing new images of JPG format and use them according to your needs.
PearlMountain Image Converter allows you to convert images to other formats, resize, rotate, crop, add picture watermark, apply effects and add border to thousands of images at a time. It supports the 60+ image formats, including the most popular ones: JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, PSD, GIF, TGA, ICO, PDF, RAW and many others.